Saturday, December 20, 2008

A tip for a frantic mom

Every day in my home is an adventure. I am confronted daily with something new from my adventurous (aka naughty) boys. Recently things have gotten worse... if anyone has any ideas of how to stop it, enlighten me! More recent happenings have been: scratching the hood of our car with a shovel, cutting their bed sheets in half with sissors, and sawing a kitchen chair with a knife. That was just last week. I keep everything above their reach, but a couple days ago the boys got smarter. They saw a pen above the entertainment center, got a kitchen chair and reached it. It took them the 2 minutes I was in the kitchen setting up a doctor appointment to draw with the pen all over the couch and T.V. screen (did I tell you it was PERMANENT!). I freaked out. If you came over today you wouldn't see any pen markings... how did I do it? Well, I just scrubbed our couch raw. The big secret is the T.V. screen. If your child ever decides to do something like this you can get it off in 1 minute. Draw over the markings with a dry erase marker and wipe off, it is that easy!!! I was amazed, and soooooooooo happy it worked. The pictures look like a computer screen because our computer is hooked up to it. While I already have you thinking my kids are wierd let me share another thing I encountered this week. The boys were playing near the Christmas tree when I overheard Grant saying "yummmm, these are good" (which sent me into panic) He was chewing something very crunchy. When I asked what he was eating he said "the lights" THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!????!!!!???? My child was eating our christmas lights! I don't even know what to thinmk about it. Should I even tell others? Well, thankfully he wasn't electricuted or cut. Our christmas tree is going to be very boring next year with NO lights and NO ornaments.

1 comment:

April said...

I just read this outloud to my husband and we were both laughing! I'm sure it isn't really that funny. Eating the Christmas lights was our favorite. You're a saint of a mommy!