Sunday, May 9, 2010

Being a Mom

Sometimes I think about my mom…. how amazing she was (still is). I owe who I am today, to her. It's true, that you don't really understand the sacrifices your mom makes until you become a mom yourself. I don't think I truly appreciated her until I had my own kids either. I mean, of course I appreciated her…. but I'm talking about the deep down, wow we put you through a lot, being a mom is tough, now I know what you went through, how did you get through 18 years of us kind of appreciating! And I do, boy do I ever, appreciate her. She is amazing! All moms are amazing. We have the toughest job on Earth…. I may go as far as to say Universe.

So, it's only right that we get a day of spoiling! We deserve it, it's the one day we have that sort-of 're-boots' us and gets us revved up to do this job another year. It's like a yearly bonus check…. Without the money. I fear without it, I would die of exhaustion. I look forward to this one day to sleep in all year long (okay, and my birthday too).

I got spoiled rotten today. First, I got to sleep in of course. But today was different because I didn't hear a peep, which is unusual. That's really all I needed for a happy Mother's Day.

The kids got me some gifts they picked out themselves with cards telling me what they love about their Mommy. Grant got me a bottle of smelly lotion.

"I love when she kisses me. When she bringed me to Mount Hood. When her rubbed my back. I miss her whole entire body. When her put me to bed. When her turn on movies for me. When her hugs me. I would tell her I love you!"

Jefferson got me a box of chocolates (which are already eaten), and a rug for the kitchen for me to "stand on when you cook"

"I love mommy because she is nice to me. I love playing atego (stragego) with her. I love the dinners she makes for me. I love when she plays with me."

Reagan got me a pair of socks. Her card read, "Good Momma."


Ohhhhh…… I love these kids. Could they be any cuter? Don't answer that.

We had a fun day. They even massaged my legs and feet with my new lotion.

For dinner we had my ALL T IME FAVORITE….


I didn't get to each very much though. Reagan has discovered seafood, and LOVES it!! I give her a piece to eat, and by the time I crack open and take out a piece for myself, she wants another piece. This continues until the crab leg is empty and I haven't had a bite. Oh, but it sure is fun to watch her devour it.



The boys just like to use the empty legs as weapons.


I'm full of crab, and love for these little munchkins I have. I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything! This has got to be the most fun, most rewarding, most joyful thing in the world! Of course, it has its challenges, but we're focusing on the positive today, folks. I'm sure my mind will quickly wander to the negative in the next couple days, when I don't get to sleep in and the whining isn't rewarded with crab for dinner. But when that happens, I'll just look back to this blog post and these cute pictures.

Reagan looks dead in this one…. It's just past her bedtime.


Happy Mother's Day to all of you… you know who you are!

1 comment:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! What a wonderful day of spoiling! You totally deserve it! And no, your kids could NOT be any cuter! I love that photo of all of you laying down in a circle. That is priceless.