We’re on our way to California tomorrow. It is past midnight, and yes, I know I should be sleeping, but I just can’t. I have too many things to do… like clean my bathroom (that smells like urine for some reason, lovely), paint a picture frame, organize my picture files on the computer, work on a project I started a while ago, write some letters to people, check my email, and write a blog…. Yes, all very important things to do when planning a trip. I have this nervous energy that’s keeping me distracted from reality.
Let’s hope the 12 hour drive with the kids is quick and painless (unlikely). Shawn tried to inform me that I would be driving the 3 kids in my car so he could listen to his audiobooks. Ha, ya right! He couldn’t even utter the entire sentence out of his mouth before I put a stop to that nonsense.
We’ll be living with our families during this summer while Shawn works at Travis Air Force base. He’ll commute… a grueling 1.5 hr drive, one way, and that’s without traffic. Poor guy. I’m sure he’ll hate his entire summer.
The kids will spend time with family. They haven’t seen their cousins since August. They have been looking forward to this move for months!
I was initially going to stay until Jefferson finished school while Shawn left without us. But then I realized the psychiatric help I would need after being alone for 1 month was not worth keeping Jefferson in school those extra 14 days!
Although I’ve known we would be leaving for months, it hasn’t really hit me until now. But it’s no big deal, right. I’m only gone for the summer, and then I’ll be back. And I’m always saying I want to move from my tiny apartment anyways. Really, I am ready for a change of scene. This is my usual scenery....
| The circus looking out my kitchen window. |
| Megan and I |
![]() |
| Me and Jen |
Oh, I'll miss you girls!!
But, we should all have a fun and memorable summer. I am looking forward to that.
But, we should all have a fun and memorable summer. I am looking forward to that.
Oh, and this has nothing to do with what I'm talking about... but here's a picture of Jefferson holding a snake he caught. Shawn is deathly afraid of snakes and wouldn't even look ouside at the thing. I wonder if he'll look at this picture?
Shawn just stirred awake and told me I had to turn the light off and get to sleep. Maybe he's right. The poor guy has been sleeping with the light in his face for 2 hours. Okay, I'll give him (and you) a break.


7 comments:
Jefferson's not bringing any snakes into MY HOUSE - NO WAY!
Dogoneit...You havn't even been gone a day and I'm totally feelin' it. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, but darn it all! The summer just won't be the same without your sweet family next door. Alright, enough with the sob-story. Jefferson is SO BRAVE! That is a decent sized snake...and to think it lives in my front yard. :)
Awww... rotations...Its hard and fun and hard and not fun, and...you will see. I am SO HAPPY you are 4th years! Enjoy the next year! LOVE YOU!
Ah, isn't this a crazy emotional roller coaster!? happy sad happy sad. And I didn't even get to say my official goodbye to you. I have yet to finish East of Eden. What happens with the twin brothers!!? I honestly couldn't continue reading it because I'm afraid of what they'll do to one another...it's too close to home. Is that crazy of me?
Yeah, Wednesday was a crappy day! You know I am going to miss you like crazy but I shall see you again. Seeing my face posted on your blog makes me wish I would've toned down my smile a little, geez. Embarrassing.
Man you guys came back to Cali for the summer and we left for the summer to PA! Bummer
Hope you guys have a good time though.
Kristina, I am glad that you will only be gone a few months! And I love the picture of your "front yard." I think it is hilarious that there are like 85 children, and a few moms (all of which have our backs turned). See you soon!
Post a Comment