Besides his dashing good looks, I fell in love with Shawn because he was so good with kids. I enjoyed just watching him play with little ones.... they were drawn towards him like a magnet. I just thought, 'he's going to make such a great dad.' Yep, I thought that when I was 16 and knew I wanted him to raise my kids.
With each child we've had, he's grown into a better father. He is their world! They adore him.... I adore him. He sacrifices everything for them. I could make his favorite dessert and wouldn't be surprised if he's given every bite to the kids before he's even had a taste.
Thank you, Shawn, for steering our family. I know the road is rough at times, but you have kept our family stable and safe. Your love for the gospel and your tender heart has truly blessed us. You are such a strong example to the 3 rascals who live in our house and sometimes sleep in our bed. I know the boys want to be just like you when they grow up.... I hope they are. And Reagan... she just beams when you come home....
Happy Father's Day!
I gave the kids a quick survey about their Dad...
Jefferson:
My Daddy is 28 years old
His name is Shawn Skinner
He weighs 28 lbs and is 20 feet tall
I don't know what color his hair is, or his eyes
His favorite food is ribs
His job is to be an eye doctor
He gets mad when we don't follow him
He is happy when we're good
My favorite thing to do with my dad is celebrate my unbirthday
There's not really a best thing about him, everything is the best!
Grant:
My Daddy is 28 years old
His name is Shawn Leo Skinner
He weighs 60 lbs and is 10 feet tall
His hair is grayish and his eyes are blue
His favorite food is vegetables
His job is building cars
He gets mad when we do something bad
He is happy when we do something good, like eat all our vegetables
My favorite thing to do with my dad is go out and eat and go to Chuck-e-cheese
The best thing about my dad is that he throws me up in the air when he comes home.
Reagan:
I don't know how old my Daddy is
His name is Shawn Nana Skinner
He is very small and this little (pinches finger and thumb together to show a small space)
His hair is brown and he has blue eyes
His favorite food is bananas
His job is to work, just work
He gets mad if you hit him
He is happy when you don't hit anybody. No hitting people
My favorite thing to do with my dad is play with him, like playing 'catch the bee'. We played it one day when I was a baby
The best thing about my dad is that he is my Daddy.
6 comments:
My only comment is---What a beautiful,beautiful family !!!
Aunt Bobbi
I love your little survey. What a great idea! I mostly love that all their answers are a bit different. So cute and funny! 20lbs. and 20 feet! Hilarious.
Adorable photos. Adorable quotes from your kids. What a great family. Happy Father's Day, Shawn!
happy fathers day shawn excited to see you all. you take such great pictures kristina
What bbbbeautiful pictures Kristina! You need to go in business! I would hire you. Those surveys are HILARIOUS! I can just hear each of their answers...
Miss your family tremendously!
Hi You don't know me, I just ran across your blog by accident. You take really great pictures of your family if you don't mind me asking what kind of camera do you have? OK thanks rachelcroweatyahoo.com if you would let me know that would be awesome Here's a link to my blog I write for my parents so they can see pictures of my son growing up. http://greysons-world.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment