Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sweet Reunion, Sad Farewell

Yesterday Shawn came home after being gone for 33 days. Everyone asks me, “looking back, did the time fly by?” Um, NO. It crept slooooowly by….. And I prefer not to look back because it was the longest month of my life!
Needless to say, we were all excited to pick Shawn up from the airport.

The kids made this welcome home banner to surprise their Daddy with…. and embarrass him a little. I think they succeeded.
016

Shawn grabbed his new bundle right away.
Daddy comes home 2

And was tackled by his biggest fans! Including me… but I couldn’t get a picture of that.
Daddy comes home 1

It was a sweet reunion indeed!
Daddy comes home

Shawn wasn’t the only one meeting Kennedy for the first time. His parents drove up here to see us off on our journey, and meet their 18th grandchild.
012   013

And, to add to the excitement, we leave tomorrow morning on our 2,900 mile drive to North Carolina.

I spent the last 3 days watching my house get boxed up, and shipped into this ginormous truck.
215     216014

I still can’t wrap my mind around the fact that we’re leaving here for good. Oregon has been our home for 4 years and I’m not prepared to leave.
Luckily everything in my life is happening so quickly, it wont be until Nebraska when reality hits me… and by then, it will be too late to turn back.

3 comments:

Lyndsie said...

Kennedy is precious and absolutely beautiful!! I am so happy you have Shawn back and you have made it past some of your crazy journey! Good luck with your cross-country adventure! Miss you guys!

Sierra said...

Yay for having Shawn back!! And for having movers!! Wishing you luck on your new journey.

Jen said...

Okay, I may have shed a tear when I saw the picture of shawn and his new little baby girl. I get all emotional when it comes to dads and their daughters...
I can't wait to hear of the adventures you have over those 2,900 miles :)