Monday, February 9, 2009

You color our world!

"Okay boys, I want you to tear off all the paper from the crayons, then break them into small pieces"
This is what we did all afternoon to make valentines for Jefferson's classmates. The boys had a ton of fun destroying the crayons - surprising. We sorted them by color, or at least tried... purple, black, and blue sure do look a lot alike without labels. Then we stuffed them into a mini muffin tin. I think they would have been cuter in my candy molds, but I was worried the molds would melt. We put them in the oven at 250 for 10 minutes until they melted into one colorful crayon. We all had our faces at the oven watching the crayons melt. The boys were pretty pleased with their creation. I am just hoping the none of the kids at Jefferson's school think they're candy and try to eat them.
We hope you all have a sweet Valentines Day. We love you all. You color our world!
Love,
Jefferson, Grant, and Reagan (she found this more exciting than the crayons)

6 comments:

April said...

I think you are the coolest Mom!

Ryan and Rachel said...

That is such a great idea, I can't wait til AJ is in school for v-day so i can steal it. you are such a great moomy and such an example to me!

Blooming Mommy said...

You guys are so dang cute! Clever at that too! Im going to try this one when A.J. is bigger... he LOVES to draw! Muah! U are an awesome mommy!

Lynn Gurney said...

What a good idea Kristina! I wish that we lived closer because we could swap our ideas and be crafty together. My kids would love this too!

MELISSA said...

Once again you have proved to me that you are the most talented and creative mom on the planet! Did you think of this yourself?? You have to teach me how to be crafty!

butterflyscripts said...

You are so cute and crafty! Miss you all! Doing anything fun for b-day? Love You Annie