Last week we took a drive down to Woodburn to visit the Tulip Festival. We went last year and had a wonderful time... and after waiting 11 months, we were excited to go again! We went with our friends, the Reeds, and their adorable kids.
The beauty of the fields is overwhelming! It's over 40 acres of tulips, JUST tulips, in every size and color. I have decided that when I grow up I want to be a tulip farmer... what a life, to look out my window every morning and be greeted by acres and acres of blooming flowers. Nevermind the other 11 months of mud-ridden, flower-rotting fields (oh, and the work involved).... but I'm sure the 1 month of blooms is all I need to live a joyful life. Just our 1 day of visiting boosted my spirits!
We took loads and loads of pictures. Don't worry, I'm not going to bore you with all of them, just almost all of them.
Thank you, Jen, for capturing a photo of all 5 of us smiling and looking happy. This is difficult, and you did a wonderful job!!
And, what's good for one, is good for all.... so Shawn had to throw everyone into the air for a picture, including me.
I'm kidding. You can imagine how awkward that would be.

I'm kidding. You can imagine how awkward that would be.

Here's Reagan with her best friend, and neighbor, Carter...
After 320 pictures taken (now I'm not kidding), the kids were tuckered out. Jefferson was done smiling.
So, we let them run free, and play.
Oh, and Shawn and I got a picture together too.
It was a great day! I'm so happy we made the drive. It was sunny, warm, and the kids cooperated (as well as kids can). Afterwards we went to McDonalds, and let the kids play while we grown-ups visited. And yes, we will be doing this again next year, so my living room wall can be covered exclusively in tulip pictures!














5 comments:
Now, there's one happy, handsome family!!! AND, they're mine, too!
your pictures are gorgeous.
as is your family.
You got some amazing pictures of the kids!!! I can't wait to come over and see your family picture wall re-done. And THANK YOU for capturing our family of 5 out there on film. We had such a wonderful time with you guys. Thanks for letting us come with you. :)
I want to go to the Tulip Festival..it looks BEAUTIFUL!
I LOVE the pictures! Now I want to go visit the Tulip farm! ITS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! Like Temple Square in the spring! Miss u!
Post a Comment