Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baby Update

I guess I’m not doing as good at documenting this pregnancy as I had originally hoped. Oh well.

I haven’t taken a picture in almost 2 months. I always think… ‘I should really take a picture now,’ but that thought it either early in the morning when I am still wearing yoga pants, or in the evening when I’ve put my pj’s on. So, a couple days ago the sun came out (finally), I had real clothes on (for once), and my hair was actually brushed (sortof)…. it was the perfect day to snap a shot. The only other person home was Jefferson, so he did the honors. Sidenote – he was a little camera obsessed and wanted to take picture after picture, with different poses and angles. He told me “I love taking pictures, I want to be a picture-taker.”

anyho0, here we are (me and the babe, that is)… looking deceptively small!

011

I feel twice the size that I look…. yet thankful I look half the size that I feel!

014

This belly is 27 weeks. I didn’t know how far along I was, and I had to look up my profile on BabyCenter.com (good thing someone is keeping track).

The doctor is still watching this baby a little closer than normal. We have appointments every 2 wks. Everything looks beautiful! This last week was my glucose test and that came back perfect, yeah. But I am pretty anemic, which would explain why I want to lay in bed all day. Things have been going really well and the baby is an active one. But I would say, compared to my other babies, this one kicks softly. Maybe this means I will get a quite, calm, soft spoken child… probably not. My weight is great. And my mental health is great (for those of you worried about my basket-case tendencies).

Acid reflux has gotten annoying, and I snack on Tums all day long! Although I think the Tums may also be curbing my chalk cravings. Yes, whenever I am pregnant I crave chalk, dirt, and wood chips. Weird. Don’t worry, I don’t eat it!

This entire pregnancy has wiped me out (could also be the low iron levels), but either way, Shawn is pleased. By the evening all I want to do it lay down and watch a movie (Shawn’s favorite pastime). If you know me, you know I normally despise movie watching. But I would say that’s all I do now.

Well that, and built a door shelf, re-stain/paint my kitchen table, make Easter clothes, and constantly reorganize my closets (and by constantly, I mean almost every day).

Well, that’s my update. Hopefully I wont go so long before taking another picture. Now, it’s off to the couch to watch a movie….

5 comments:

Tralee said...

i didn't even know you were Prego! We need to get together for lunch or something. I'm going through a hard time right now and need good friends.

Ian and Clarissa said...

You look beautiful I hope when I get pregnant someday I have a cute little baby bump just like that haha. Your hair is so long, and pretty. Have fun watching movies, I love watching movies except when it is beautiful outside

Jen said...

yay for baby! And you do look fantastic. And Jefferson did great at taking your pic! He's well on his way to becoming a picture-taker.

Mom said...

Why would you question Reagan's obsession with laying out all her clothes each day?....sounds like she has her mommy's "organizing" genes - just opposite of yours. She wants to take it all out while you want to tuck it all away - just "daily"!!

Jennifer said...

Thank You!!! You look darling. I wish I were that cute during pregnancy...ah, only in my dreams. And tell Jefferson he could totally be a picture taker! He did great. :)