Sometimes I think Shawn is neglected on this blog. The poor guy doesn’t get all the shine and attention that the kids get, or that I get because I’m writing these ridiculous posts. I thought it was due time that he shined. So, 5 months since he started working we are going to introduce Shawn, the Optometrist, and take a tour of his new office.
I thought it would be appropriate for Shawn himself to do a write-up and picture tour for us. It went as follows,
“Hi. I am Shawn. I am working as the Optometrist at Pope Airfield. This is me and some pictures of my office.”
Obviously he’s not big on words. But I am…. so, I will continue and take you on a visual tour of Shawn’s work.
note: Shawn is not here to help me write this, so you may see some ultra-technical terms like “eyeball machine”.
Here he is, the Air Force optometrist…. the ONLY Optometrist here for the Air Force. No pressure or anything…
He works downstairs at the Medical Building. He likes to be dramatic and say he works in the basement…. but it has a normal entrance, above the ground, so don’t let him fool you.
Please Shawn, take us inside, we’re dying to see it!
oh look, we’re inside. This is the hallway.
First you check in at the reception desk,
Then you sit in the waiting room nook cranny.
This is the military, not the Ritz-Carlton. We’re lucky there is reading material (nevermind it’s 2 years old).
Then you go in for your exam. This is where Shawn spends his day, sitting in this chair. He looks like a nice guy. I wouldn’t mind an eye exam from him!
Some other things in his office…
a desk, neat eye charts, some tubs of contact lenses….. very cool!
Don’t worry, I smudged out the computer screen so Shawn wouldn’t get into any trouble with HIPPA.
And what do we have in this room? Some big eyeball testing machines….
And this room has even more. I think the one on the left takes pictures of the back of your eye? But I could be wrong… I know it does something with the eye.
Now all the testing is done and you need glasses. Well, the Air Force has just a few to choose from…. lucky you. Take your pick.
Here’s a picture of Shawn’s view out the window. Not too bad. It could be worse… say, if he really were in the basement and had NO window. He even looks out onto the air strip. You can see it in the distance. You’re prohibited to take pictures of it, so hopefully I don’t get arrested for this one….
The kids love visiting him at work. There’s nothing more fun than sitting in his exam chair…
Besides sitting in this wicked awesome office ball chair. Yes, it is as fun as it looks!
And leaving Daddy’s work with a handful of business cards, stickers, and disposable glasses is better than leaving the candy store!
So, I hope you enjoyed my informative tour of Shawn’s work and office. I felt it was a little more detailed than his. He is moving in a couple months to a new building….a bigger and better office (if you can believe that were possible), so maybe he can take you on a better tour over there.
p.s. Yes Molly, Reagan is wearing the hair bow you made… for Kennedy. She claimed it as hers the second she saw it.
5 comments:
Thanks for the tour, Shawn/Kristina! You must have quite the chair-side manner, judging from the smiles on the faces of the two patients in the chair! Tee Hee
Thank you so much for giving the Shawn update!!! I loved it!!!! See...I had no idea he wore airforce clothing :)
At the air force base in Arizona where Dev did his last rotation, they also had a fantastic assortment of glasses that the patient could choose from. The glasses were referred to as BCGs. Dev would frequently come home and tell me about his day and occasionally mention how he handed out some BCGs. I thought it was a technical term until I found out what it meant:
Birth Control Glasses.
I love this post. You guys are the greatest! I can't believe Shawn is an official doctor. That is just crazy and awesome.
You're so funny Kristina! I love the picture of you in the ball chair. That's the side of you I remember. I miss you. :)
Post a Comment